Monday 27 October 2014

Healthiest muffin I have ever made!

I had apple sauce left in the fridge for about a month and when I started scooping flour my husband texted me and asked if I can make a banana cake with wholemeal flour, oats and chia seeds. Of course I said yes. So I adapted the recipe. Tastes all right, I regretted the assorted spice so you will not see it in the recipe here. It is surprisingly moist and not flat-dense too. This one you can really eat without feeling guilty!






 
Makes 11 silicon cupcakes.
 
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup oil
Between 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup apple sauce
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 cup plain flour
1/2 spoon slightly heaped baking soda
1/2 spoon cinnamon powder
1 cup filling (I used 1 banana, raisins and oats)
Chia seeds for sprinkling
Oats for sprinkling
 
HOW:
1) Pour oil and sugar in a big bowl and mix together.
2) Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
3) Stir in apple sauce.
4) In another bowl, mix wholemeal flour, plain flour, baking soda and cinnamon powder together.
5) Prepare your cup of filling and then preheat Air Fryer at 175 deg C.
6) Pour flour mixture to wet mixture. Mix well with spatula, aim for 10-14 strokes. It's ok to have some flour visible.
7) Fold in filling.
8) Fill silicon cups to almost full, sprinkle with Chia seeds and oats.
9) Bake at 175 deg C for 13-15 min.
 

My taster was very happy with the muffins. Certified children-friendly.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment