Sunday 26 October 2014

Gratitude Challenge Day 16

Day 16: 24 Oct 2014, Friday

I am grateful that:

1) I have a manager who was very tough on me. I suffered for two years, weaving in and out of low self esteem and prolonged stress and unhappiness. Gradually I learnt to buck up and while some things are not going well in my team, I learnt to take it in my stride. Specifically, this morning I received an email from my manager, in short, telling me my team member screwed up big time in a project and asking me why. In the past I would immediately feel it's my fault and I slipped big time because I did not prevent the screw up and I would feel guilty and useless. When I see my boss I'll be super guilt-striken. But instead I was calm and asked about what happened, and I replied my manager that I will follow up on it and revert. I also do not feel overly responsible for it. I will have to solve it of course, but without the guilt. So thank you manager, in a weird sort of way, you helped me to mature. 

2) My in-laws are thoughtful people. Even though we send them home on most nights, they do not always expect us to do it. As usual tonight my husband is working. I was supposed to bring Bobby to subcut but Lucas waited very long to build his giant Lego house so I decided to bring Bobby tomorrow instead. My in laws graciously offered to go back on their own so I can spend time with the boys. 


3) I made the right decision to stay home and build the Lego house with the boys. We had a good quality time together and they super enjoyed playing in the house! Until Lucas decided to bring the iPad out.  (Well he still enjoyed watching it in the house...)



No comments:

Post a Comment