Friday 31 October 2014

Gratitude Challenge Day 22

Day 22: 30 Oct 2014, Thursday

So far I have been catching up on my recording. I find that it's difficult to recall what I am grateful for. From now on I will try to do it one day after at the latest.
 
I am grateful that:

1) A friend shared a poem about 'The Last Time'. The part that really struck a chord in me:
The thing is, you won't even know it's the last time
Until there are no more times.

Good friends share things that they feel you will like. This is a good reminder for me to treasure the time spent with my family. Now put away that phone!


2) My mentor introduced me to a group of capable youngsters, whom I met for the first time during dinner tonight. They are young, ambitious and full of energy to want to change things. At the same time they are so humble, so willing to learn and hear what you have to say. Seeing them like this humbles me too and reminds me never to get cocky, which I can get sometimes. That is not a good way to learn!


3) Once again I have a fantastic mentor. I was telling him about this colleague in my team who has a good attitude but does not deliver. So he advised me on how to do it effectively and kindly. Just tell the facts, and that you also don't know what to do. On the other hand, try to get some compensation for him from HR.

No comments:

Post a Comment