Tuesday 12 August 2014

Air fryer chocolate chip muffins

Ever since I brought my iPhone swimming and it didn't recover, I have lost interest in using my phone. Emotionally my iPhone is related to my baking, so no iphone made me less interested in baking.
But I was craving for something sweet, so I baked these on a Saturday afternoon with 1 hour before the boys' Heguru class.
Yummy! The chocolate rice on top makes it even better because it adds some crunch, but does not look so nice. Perhaps next time scoop the batter in a more rounded form before adding.
 
 
 
 
 
Makes 8-9 silicon cup small muffins
 
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
Top up with yoghurt to 1 cup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Sprinkle of chocolate rice (optional, if you do this you can reduce the mini chocolate chips)

HOW:

1) Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder in one large bowl. Whisk well to ensure even spreading of salt and baking powder. 

2) In a separate cup, pour oil in. Then add egg. Add yoghurt till full cup. Then add vanilla extract. Whisk till combined. 

3) Add (2) to (3). Mix just till combined. Aim for less than 15 strokes, it's ok to have some flour visible.

4) Preheat air fryer at 180 degree Celsius. 

5) Fold in chocolate chips.





 
6) Fill silicon cups 3/4 full (the muffin expands only ever so slightly). If you are sprinkling chocolate rice, make top smooth first before sprinkling.





 

7) Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 10 min. If not done, add another 2 min at 160 degree Celsius.
 




 


  








3 comments:

  1. This recipe was given to me by my daughter who made them in a cooking class and are a tasty light muffin.
    I made it and they looks so great.
    Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely welcome, Susan. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will cook this great recipe for my kid today.Thank for sharing this

    ReplyDelete