Tuesday, 5 January 2016
My niece is a vegan and I tried a couple of times unsuccessfully to make vegan tasty muffins for her. They tasted either too dry or too oily. But finally I found a winning recipe. It's moist and fragrant and is not at all inferior to usual muffins. Not only that, it's super easy!
I have added lychee and I find it's really fragrant. I don't taste the banana (the egg replacement). But you can add what you want and try out. Here goes, it's so healthy and easy, you don't have to be vegan to try it.
Makes 6 medium sized muffins.
1.5 cups plain flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
0.5 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup mashed banana
1/3 cup soya milk
1-2 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional, but really fragrant if you are using chocolate chips filling)
1 cup lychee
1) In a big bowl mix all dry ingredients together
2) In a cup pour all wet ingredients together. Stir enough just to roughly mix it all up. Do this in a separate bowl if the cup is too full.
3) Create a well in the middle of the flour mixture. Pour the wet ingredients into the well. Fold in with around 14 strokes maximum. It doesn't matter if you can still see bits of flour.
4) Add the lychee and fold in. Don't worry that the mixture is quite wet.
5) Preheat Airfryer to 180 deg C.
6) Spoon muffin mixture into silicon cups and bake at 180 deg C for 9-10 minutes.
There you have it!